- The Seeds for the 2004 Coastal Plain League Petitt Cup Championship Tournament will be according to overall winning percentage for the entire season. Of the eight (8) teams that make the Tournament, the team with the best overall winning percentage will be the No. 1 seed, the team with the second-best overall winning percentage will be the No. 2 seed, and so forth. If the second half champion of a particular division is the same team as the first half champion, then the playoff berth will be awarded to the team with the next-best overall winning percentage for the entire season (despite division).
- Two of the eight teams that get in will be at-large entries determined by the two highest overall winning percentages of teams not yet securing a playoff spot. Should the host club not clinch a playoff spot, then as the host team they will be enter into the tourmament as one of the at-large teams.
|2004 CPL Playoff Picture|
- Edenton, Wilson, and Gastonia have clinched a berth into the Petitt Cup as First Half Champions.
- Thomasville has clinched a berth into the Petitt Cup as West Division Second Half Champions.
- Peninsula, Asheboro, Florence, and Outer Banks have clinched a berth into the Petitt Cup as at-large teams.
- Fayetteville, Petersburg, Wilmington, and Spartanburg have been eliminated from playoff contention.