- The eight (8) teams to make it to the 2003 Coastal Plain League Petitt Cup Championship Tournament will be seeded by First Half Champions (seeds 1-3 based on winning percentage in first half), Second Half Champions (seeds 4-6 based on winning percentage in second half) and two at-large teams (next best overall winning percentages). If the second half champion of a particular division is the same team as the first half champion, then the playoff berth will be awarded to the team with the next-best overall winning percentage for the entire season in that respective division.
- Two of the eight teams that get in will be at-large entries determined by the two highest overall winning percentages of teams not yet securing a playoff spot. Should the host club not clinch a playoff spot, then as the host team they will be enter into the tourmament as one of the at-large teams.
This is the final CPL playoff picture:
|2003 CPL Playoff Picture|
- Thomasville, Florence, and Petersburg have clinched a berth into the Petitt Cup as First Half Champions.
- Durham has clinched a berth into the Petitt Cup as South Division Second Half Champions.
- Outer Banks, Peninsula, Asheboro, and Wilmington have clinched a berth into the Petitt Cup as at-large teams.
- Edenton, Wilson, Fayetteville, Gastonia, and Spartanburg have been eliminated from playoff contention.