HiToms Win First-Ever CPL Petitt Cup Championship Press Release
Printable 2006 Petitt Cup Tournament Bracket
Coastal Plain League Awards 2006 CPL Petitt Cup Tournament to Asheboro
Hotel and Site Information on Asheboro, N.C.
- The Seeds for the 2006 Coastal Plain League Petitt Cup Tournament will be according to overall winning percentage for the entire season. Of the eight (8) teams that make the Tournament, the team with the best overall winning percentage will be the No. 1 seed, the team with the second-best overall winning percentage will be the No. 2 seed, and so forth. If the second half champion of a particular division is the same team as the first half champion, then the playoff berth will be awarded to the team with the next-best overall winning percentage for the entire season (despite division).
- Two of the eight teams that get in will be at-large entries determined by the two highest overall winning percentages of teams not yet securing a playoff spot. Should the host club not clinch a playoff spot, then as the host team they will be enter into the tourmament as one of the at-large teams.
This is the final CPL playoff picture:
|2006 CPL Playoff Picture|
- Fayetteville, Martinsville, and Edenton have clinched a berth into the Petitt Cup as First Half Champions.
- Peninsula has clinched a berth into the Petitt Cup as North Division Second Half Champions.
- Florence, Thomasville, Wilson and Asheboro have clinched a berth into the Petitt Cup as at-large teams.
- Columbia, Gastonia, New Bern, Outer Banks, Petersburg, Spartanburg, and Wilmington have been eliminated from playoff contention.