Thomasville Makes It a Three-Peat, Wins 2008 CPL Petitt Cup Championship Press Release
Printable 2008 Petitt Cup Tournament Bracket
Blowfish, City of Columbia Awarded 2008 Coastal Plain League Petitt Cup Championship Tournament
- The Seeds for the 2008 Coastal Plain League Petitt Cup Championship Tournament will be according to overall winning percentage for the entire season. Of the eight (8) teams that make the Tournament, the team with the best overall winning percentage will be the No. 1 seed, the team with the second-best overall winning percentage will be the No. 2 seed, and so forth. If the second half champion of a particular division is the same team as the first half champion, then the playoff berth will be awarded to the team with the next-best overall winning percentage for the entire season (despite division).
- Two of the eight teams that get in will be at-large entries determined by the two highest overall winning percentages of teams not yet securing a playoff spot. Should the host club not clinch a playoff spot, then as the host team they will be enter into the tourmament as one of the at-large teams.
- *Tickets (Tickets can be purchased through the Columbia Blowfish. Please contact the Blowfish at (803) 254-3474 or log online to http://www.blowfishbaseball.com/schedule.asp):
– Tournament Box Pass – $35
– Tournament GA Pass – $25
– All-Day GA Ticket (Games just that day) – $10
– Individual GA Ticket – $5 adult, $4 kids, sr. military & student with ID
This is the final CPL playoff picture:
|2008 CPL Playoff Picture|
- Edenton, Florence, and Forest City have clinched a berth into the Petitt Cup as First Half Champions.
- Peninsula, Wilson, and Thomasville have clinched a berth into the Petitt Cup as Second Half Champions.
- Columbia and Outer Banks have clinched a berth into the Petitt Cup as at-large teams.
- Asheboro, Fayetteville, Gastonia, Martinsville, Petersburg, and Wilmington have been eliminated from playoff contention.