2010 CPL Petitt Cup Playoffs Individual Statistics
2010 CPL Petitt Cup Playoffs Team Statistics
Individual Team Playoff Statistics
Forest City Owls
Morehead City Marlins
How the Playoffs will work:
The 2010 Coastal Plain League season shall be followed by the Petitt Cup Playoffs. The Petitt Cup Playoffs will consist of three rounds beginning on August 4th and running through August 14th. There will be eight (8) teams that qualify for the playoffs.
Four (4) of those teams will qualify to host Game 1 of the first round on August 4th. The four host teams will be comprised of the three first half divisional (North, South, West) champions and the team with the next-best overall winning percentage on the regular season of the remaining clubs.
Upon completion of the regular season, the remaining four teams will be comprised of three second half divisional (North, South, West) champions and/or the teams with the next-highest overall winning percentages on the regular season. These teams will earn berths into the playoffs and will participate as away teams in Game 1 of the first round. (Note: If a club wins its respective divisional first or second half championship, then it will automatically earn a berth into the Petitt Cup Playoffs). Seeding will be based on overall winning percentage at the end of the season with the team with the best winning percentage earning the top seed and so forth. Teams will be matched up as best they can in regards to seeding in the first round. (There is a chance that No. 1 would not face No. 8 and so forth; as well as a chance that one of the top seeds (2-4) could not host in the first round).
Round 1 is a best two-of-three series. After Game 1 is complete, the other team in each match-up that didn’t host Game 1 will host Game 2. If Game 3 is necessary, then it will be hosted by the highest seed (i.e. 1-4) of the two teams in each Round 1 match-up.
After the first round, the four remaining teams will match-up based on seeds, so if the top four seeds all advance to the second round, then the series would be No.1 vs. No.4 and No.2 vs. No.3. The second round will be a best two-of-three series with game one being at the lowest seed’s ballpark (i.e. No. 4) and then game two and three at the higher seed’s ballpark (i.e. No. 1).
The two winners of those second round series will advance to the Petitt Cup Championship Series with the same rules applying as in the second round. The team winning two games in the Championship Series (best two-of-three) will be crowned the 2010 Coastal Plain League Petitt Cup Champion.
*Tickets will be for sale by the host teams.
For ticket information, please contact each host team. Florence, Forest City, Morehead City, and Wilson will host game 1 of the first round. Edenton, Gastonia, and Peninsula will host game 2 of the first round.
This is the final CPL playoff picture:
|2010 CPL Petitt Cup Playoffs Picture|
|1||Forest City Owls|
|3||Morehead City Marlins|
- Florence, Forest City, and Wilson (also won North Division Second Half) have clinched a berth into the Petitt Cup Playoffs as First Half Champions, and will host a first round playoff game on August 4th.
- Morehead City has clinched a berth into the Petitt Cup Playoffs as South Division Second Half Champions and will host the remaining August 4th game (first round, game 1).
- Gastonia has clinched a berth into the Petitt Cup Playoffs as West Division Second Half Champions.
- Asheboro, Edenton and Peninsula have all clinched a berth into the Petitt Cup Playoffs as at-large teams.
- Forest City won the coin toss to determine which team (Forest City or Wilson) would be the No. 1 seed.
- Columbia, Fayetteville, Martinsville, Outer Banks, Petersburg, Thomasville, and Wilmington have been eliminated from the Petitt Cup Playoffs.