Individual Team Playoff Statistics
How the Playoffs will work:
The 2011 Coastal Plain League regular season shall be followed by the Petitt Cup Playoffs. The Petitt Cup Playoffs will consist of three rounds beginning on August 4th and running through August 14th. There will be eight (8) teams that qualify for the playoffs.
The eight teams qualifying will be comprised of three first half division (North, South, West) champions, three second half division champions, and two at-large bids. (Note: If a club wins its respective divisional first or second half championship, then it will automatically earn a berth into the Petitt Cup Playoffs). Teams will be seeded based on overall winning percentage at the end of the regular season, and pairings will be No. 1 vs. No. 8, No. 2 vs. No. 7, No. 3, vs. No. 6, and No. 4 vs. No. 5. All three rounds feature a best two-of three series, and will feature Game 1 of each series at the lower (No. 5-8) seed’s ballpark, followed by Games 2 and 3 (if necessary) at the higher seed’s ballpark.
After the first round is complete, the four remaining teams will match-up based on seeds, so if the top four seeds all advance to the second round, then the series would be No. 1 vs. No. 4 and No. 2 vs. No. 3. The two winners of those second round series will advance to the Petitt Cup Championship Series. The team winning two games in the Championship Series (best two-of-three) will be crowned the 2011 Coastal Plain League Petitt Cup Champion.
*Tickets will be for sale by the host teams.
For ticket information, please contact each host team. Host teams will be announced as soon as they are known.
This is the final CPL playoff picture:
- Edenton has clinched a berth into the 2011 Petitt Cup Playoffs as First and Second Half North Champions.
- Fayetteville has clinched a berth into the 2011 Petitt Cup Playoffs as First and Second Half South Champions.
- Forest City has clinched a berth into the 2011 Petitt Cup Playoffs as First Half West Champions.
- Thomasville has clinched a berth into the 2011 Petitt Cup Playoffs as Second Half West Champions.
- Asheboro, Gastonia, Peninsula, and Wilmington have each clinched a berth into the 2011 Petitt Cup Playoffs as at-large teams.
- Columbia, Florence, Martinsville, Morehead City, Outer Banks, Petersburg, and Wilson have been eliminated from the 2011 Petitt Cup Playoffs.
2011 CPL Petitt Cup Playoffs Picture
|4||Forest City Owls|