Division Semifinals – August 6-8 (Wed.-Fri.)
East Semifinal 1 – #1 Peninsula Pilots vs. #4 Fayetteville SwampDogs
|1||#4 Fayetteville 7, #1 Peninsula 6||Box Score & Plays|
|2||#1 Peninsula 7, # 4 Fayetteville 2||Box Score & Plays|
|3||#1 Peninsula 8, #4 Fayetteville 1||Box Score & Plays|
|Peninsula wins series, 2-1.|
East Semifinal 2 – #2 Edenton Steamers vs. #3 Wilson Tobs
|1||#3 Wilson 7, #2 Edenton 6||Box Score & Plays|
|2||#3 Wilson 8, #2 Edenton 7||Box Score & Plays|
|3||#3 Wilson at #2 Edenton (If Necessary)||Box Score & Plays|
|Wilson wins series, 2-0.|
West Semifinal 1 – #1 Florence RedWolves vs. #4 HPThomasville HiToms
|1||#1 Florence 2, #4 HPThomasville 1 (11 Innings)||Box Score & Plays|
|2||#1 Florence 8, # 4 HPThomasville 3||Box Score & Plays|
|3||#4 HPThomasville at #1 Florence (If Necessary)||Box Score & Plays|
|Florence wins series, 2-0.|
Divisional Championships – August 10-12 (Sun.-Tues.)
East Division Championship – #1 Peninsula Pilots vs. #3 Wilson Tobs
|1||#1 Peninsula 8, #3 Wilson 3||Box Score & Plays|
|2||#3 Wilson 4, #1 Peninsula 1||Box Score & Plays|
|3||#1 Peninsula 14, #3 Wilson 1||Box Score & Plays|
|Peninsula wins series, 2-1.|
CPL Petitt Cup Championship Round – August 14-16 (Thurs.-Sat.)
2014 CPL Petitt Cup Playoffs Picture
|East 1||Peninsula Pilots||Team Playoff Statistics|
|East 2||Edenton Steamers||Team Playoff Statistics|
|East 3||Wilson Tobs||Team Playoff Statistics|
|East 4||Fayetteville SwampDogs||Team Playoff Statistics|
|West 1||Florence RedWolves||Team Playoff Statistics|
|West 2||Gastonia Grizzlies||Team Playoff Statistics|
|West 3||Forest City Owls||Team Playoff Statistics|
|West 4||High Point-Thomasville HiToms||Team Playoff Statistics|
Per each division, the four teams will be seeded 1-4 based on overall winning percentage on the regular season. There will be two Division Series (round 1) in both the East and West divisions. In those series, seed 1 will play seed 4, while seed 2 will play seed 3 in a best two-of-three series.
The winners in each Division Series will advance to the Division Championship Series (round 2), and play in a best two-of-three series. Finally, the East champion and the West champion will meet for the Petitt Cup Championship (round 3), which is also a best two-of-three series.
The lower seed (i.e. 3/4) will host game 1 of each series, while the higher seed (i.e. 1/2) will host game 2 and 3 (if necessary). In the Championship Series, the higher seed (i.e. East #1 vs. West #3) will have home field advantage. If the two teams are the same seed (i.e. East #1 vs. West #1), then we will look at highest regular season winning percentage as the first tiebreaker to see who will have home field advantage. If another tiebreaker is needed then we will go to regular season head-to-head. The team winning two games in the Championship Series (best two-of-three) will be crowned the 2014 Coastal Plain League Petitt Cup Champion.
– Playoff spots will be confined to your respective division. Thus, if a team finishes fifth in their respective division, they will not qualify for the playoffs, regardless of whether or not their overall winning percentage is higher than one of the top four teams in the other division.
– If a team wins their division’s first or second half championship, then they are automatically in the playoffs. What seed (1-4) they will have depends on their overall winning percentage compared to the other teams in their division that qualify for the postseason.
*Tickets will be for sale by the host teams.
For ticket information, please contact each host team. Host teams will be announced as soon as they are known. In each series, the lower seed (i.e. in the first round, seeds 3 and 4 in each division) will host Game 1 and the higher seed (i.e. in the first round, seeds 1 and 2 in each division) will host Game 2 and Game 3 (if necessary).
This is the final 2014 CPL playoff picture:
- Edenton has clinched a berth into the 2014 Petitt Cup Playoffs as First Half East Division Champions.
- Peninsula has clinched a berth into the 2014 Petitt Cup Playoffs as Second Half East Division Champions.
- Florence has clinched a berth into the 2014 Petitt Cup Playoffs as First Half and Second Half West Division Champions.
- Fayetteville, Forest City, Gastonia, High Point-Thomasville, and Wilson have clinched a berth into the 2014 Petitt Cup Playoffs as at-large teams.
- Asheboro, Columbia, Martinsville, Morehead City, Petersburg, and Wilmington have been eliminated from playoff contention.